The Penn State University Marching Blue Band was established in 1895 as a six-piece drum and bugle corp. It has since grown to approximately 320 members and is regarded as one of the greatest college marching bands in the country and a symbol of the university. Upon transitioning to a new director, the band needed to grow its social media presence and created the Graphic Design Chair to assist in the process. After developing a modern brand appearance, it was applied to annual posters for the Penn State community and regular social media graphics. Original photography.